Random Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Eddie Enters ReHab

Page Six reported this morning that we now know the real reason why Van Halen's reunion tour got canceled last month. According to Rolling Stone magazine, it wasn't just "ego clashes" between Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth - it was because of Eddie's alleged "alcohol problems." The magazine says group members at first "were thrilled about Roth's first shows with Van Halen since 1984." Former bandmate Sammy Hagar said Eddie "was drinking 24/7" during the band's 2004 tour. He's not expected to attend when the group is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Shortly thereafter, this was released from Eddie Van Halen's Camp:

I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen.

I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110% that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I'm doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of.

I look forward to seeing you in the future better than ever and I thank you with all my heart.

Love,
Ed

Eddie was scheduled to join the rest of his bandmates at the Rock and Roll induction ceremony in New York on Monday, where Van Halen will be enshrined. But unlike others, Eddie will not be leaving rehab for field trips.

We wish you all the best Eddie!

No comments: