Random Blog

Friday, April 27, 2007

Nicolas Cage Performs A Stupid Human Trick On David Letterman

Nicolas Cage held his breath for two minutes on David Letterman’s US chat show last night for the first time in more than 30 years. The 43-year-old actor, whose new movie Next opens tomorrow in America, last went without air for 120 seconds when he was 12 and decided to give it another go. Before taking a deep breath, Cage said, "We were talking about the fact my character (in Next) can see two minutes into his own future and I said I can’t do that. "But I do recall when I was 12 I could hold my breath for two minutes. When I was 12. I don’t know if I can do it again, but I will try." While he held his breath, television viewers were treated to the trailer for Next. And when a successful Cage finally emerged for air, he quipped, "I’d like to see Spider-Man do that!"

Next basic premise is Cris Johnson (Nicolas Cage) is a Las Vegas magician with the ability to see a few minutes into the future. Seeking to escape government scrutiny, he lives off the grid, performing cheap tricks for meager cash under an assumed name. But when a terrorist group threatens to detonate a nuclear device in Los Angeles, FBI agent Callie Ferris (Julianne Moore) becomes determined to track Cris down and convince him to help stop the attack.





No comments: