Random Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Will Oprah Winfrey Accept Snoop Dogg's Offer?

Snoop Dogg has offered to appear on Oprah Winfrey’s TV talk show to debate the use of racist and sexist lyrics in rap music.


Last week, the hip-hop star’s name was mentioned on The Oprah Winfrey Show in a discussion about the lyrical content of rap albums and the effects such music is having on children.
But despite Winfrey’s opposition to graphic rap lyrics, Dogg - real name Calvin Broadus - wants to sit down and talk with her on her show.

He tells MTV, "I’m a fan of Oprah. I feel like whatever they’re saying about me, negative or positive, I appreciate it. "I’m Snoop Dogg - you can’t (badmouth) me because I do so much right and I’m the person who represents me the best. "Snoop Dogg is a father, he’s a (football) coach, he’s a teacher. I’m a man, and I do make mistakes and I’m willing to listen and learn. But a lot of times, they don’t know me, so they have to speak on what they feel. But it is what it is.

"I appreciate you, Oprah. I’ve never been on your show, so thank you for bringing my name up on your show. I’m sure that’ll mean another million record sales. Thank you."

source: PRInside

No comments: