Random Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

Regis To Have Surgery

Live co-host Regis Philbin announced on his show Monday morning that he is going to undergo heart surgery this week. The 75-year-old will have a triple bypass surgery.

"Darn it, I don't want to do it. Nobody wants to do it," Philbin said. "But they tell me. I had a second opinion. So they are all in agreement that it should be the bypass. And so that's what I'm going to do. So, you know, I'm going to do it this week, and come back when I'm ready.

We wish you a speedy recovery!


****UPDATE****

Talk-show legend Regis Philbin successfully underwent triple-bypass surgery yesterday morning, medical sources said. The operation was performed at Weill Cornell Medical Center by Dr. O. Wayne Isom, who performed quintuple-bypass surgery on Philbin's pal, David Letterman, in January 2000. The procedure was needed to bypass three clogged arteries in the 75-year-old Philbin's heart. The sources said the operation was a success and the star of "Live! With Regis and Kelly" on WABC/Channel 7 was doing fine. He is expected to be out for five weeks.

In announcing Monday that he would undergo a triple bypass this week, the TV star said he hoped his doctors would advise angioplasty this time. But they said no. But they said no. Cutie-pie Kelly Ripa, 36, promised to be Philbin's "nurse." Co-hosting the show "will become my secondary job. My primary job will be your sponge bath nurse," she purred, promising to wear her "little nursey costume." "Why don't you give me a quick dip before I go," Philbin quipped.

Oh & BTW Live! With Regis & Kelly was NOT given any Daytime Emmy nods.

No comments: